Resource tools are available to facilitate product choice and usage.
- CONSUMER WEBSITES
- SELECTION GUIDES
- PREPARATION, STORAGE AND DOSAGE
- ALLERGENS AND INGREDIENTS ASSOCIATED WITH FOOD INTOLERANCES
PREPARATION, STORAGE AND DOSAGE
ALLERGENS AND INGREDIENTS ASSOCIATED WITH FOOD INTOLERANCES
A useful tool to help you choose adequate products for your patients including nutrition information, format, product code and availability.
Abbott Nutrition realizes the importance of product information for you and your patients, especially when managing allergies and intolerances. Priority food allergens and ingredients associated with intolerances and sensitivities are now listed following the ingredients list of each Abbott Nutrition product.
The following foods or protein derived from one of these foods are considered priority food allergens in Canada:
- Tree nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Seafood (refers to all edible fish, crustaceans and shellfish)
The following ingredients may be associated with food intolerances and/or sensitivities:
- Other soy components (components other than protein including soy oil, soy lecithin and soy fibre)
- Corn (in the form of maltodextrin, dextrose, corn syrup, corn starch and corn oil)
- Flavours (natural and artificial)
- Citric acid
- Coconut oil
The most current information may be obtained by referring to product labels.
For additional information on product ingredients related to food allergies and intolerances, please contact our team of Product Specialists and Registered Dietitians at 1-866-767-7411, option 1.