Vanilla and Raspberry Scones
Approximate nutrient content per serving (63g):
- 100ml Ensure® Plus Fibre Raspberry
- 50g Ensure® Plus Crème Vanilla
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Handful of Raspberries (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 100ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, add egg and oil and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Ensure® Plus Fibre, Ensure® Plus Crème and milk. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. Add raspberries.
- Sprinkle flour on the table and on your hands, turn out the scone mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it is the same thickness as a scone cutter. Cut out scone shapes and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked throughout.
- For a shiny finish, brush scones with a beaten egg.