Fruity Chicken Curry
Approximate nutrient content per serving (225g):
- 150ml Ensure® Plus juce Apple
2 Large Chicken Breasts (diced)
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Curry Powder – use according to taste preference
½ tbsp Plain Flour
300ml Chicken Stock Cube
2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
300g Mushrooms (chopped)
1 tsp Cornflour
600g Boiled Rice
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil and add diced chicken breasts.
- When chicken is cooked throughout, remove from frying pan and set to one side.
- Add onion to frying pan and fry until soft.
- Add curry powder to frying pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add dissolved stock and flour to frying pan, stirring throughout to make a thick sauce.
- Add coconut and chicken to the sauce.
- Bring curry to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the curry, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with a little cold water and add to frying pan. Add Ensure® Plus Juce to frying pan and mix well.
- Serve with boiled rice.