OptiGRO: Benefits beyond DHA alone
OptiGRO is our exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein and Vitamin E; these important ingredients are found in breast milk.
- Emerging science demonstrates that lutein stimulates early development to brain cells.*
- Lutein supports eye health. Lutein concentrates in the macula of the eye1. The macula is involved in relaying information to the visual cortex of the brain2,3.
- Lutein is the predominant carotenoid in the infant brain and is found in (4) areas of the brain related to learning and development4.
- Watch a brief video about lutein here
- DHA is an ingredient that supports brain development8-10
- Like breast milk, OptiGRO has DHA to support brain development8.
- DHA is highly susceptible to damage from oxidation10,11.
- The combination of natural vitamin E‡ and lutein has been shown to work together to reduce the oxidation of DHA in specific nutrient concentrations.§ These results support the hypothesis for a potential synergistic role of these antioxidants for protection of cell membranes.
Boff JC, Jensen SK, Johnson EJ, Kuchan MJ. RRR-alpha-tocopherol is the predominant vitamin E stereoisomer in human infant brain. Poster presented at: Advances and Controversies in Clinical Nutrition; December 5-7, 2013; Washington, DC.
Lai C-S, Kuchan M, Wang F. Lutein stimulates the in vitro differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells via a nuclear
Moulton C, Kuchan M, Lai C-S, Jensen SK, Innis S. RRR-α-tocopherol is the predominant vitamin E stereoisomer in human breast milk. Poster presented at: 2nd International Congress on Nutrition and Growth; January 20-February 1, 2014; Barcelona, Spain.
Vazhappilly R, Lai C-S, Kuchan M. Natural vitamin E and lutein protects DHA from peroxidation in neurons. Poster presented at: American College of Nutrition 54th Annual Conference; November 13-16, 2013; San Diego, CA.