Approximate nutrient content per 220ml serving: 191kcal
- 200 ml (1 bottle) of Ensure® Plus neutral flavour
- 450g ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion
- ½ carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 30g cooked ham
- 30g cornflour
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 30g margarine
- 375ml vegetable stock
- Wash and slice the tomatoes and celery. Peel and chop the onion and carrot.
- Dice the ham into chunks.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine and saute the vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Add stock, ham, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove mixture from the heat and add to blender.
- When liquidised, return mixture to saucepan.
- Add cornflour to a cup and mix with a small amount of cold water to form a paste. Add to saucepan.
- Add Ensure Plus and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- To thicken, just add more cornflour.
- To increase the calorie content of this recipe, try adding add double cream.
Date of preparation March 2019 ANUKANI160262 (1)