Take a Balance Break
Want the Best out of Summer? Relax!
Reviewed by Craig Ziemkiewicz, Contributing Editor
This summer, you may find yourself involved in many braais, weddings, celebrations, sports events, and trips that can make you busier than ever? Here are three simple ways to relax so summer's "good" stress doesn't become unhealthy tension.
Make "Me" Time
Taking time for yourself is vital to your well-being (this is as true for all of us as everyone needs a moment to unwind!)
- Get a massage.
- Sit outside on a starry night and sip a refreshing smoothie. Click here to check out our Ensure® recipe collection for delicious treats.
- Create a reading oasis at home.
- Visit an outdoor café for a light salad and people-watching.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure or facial (yes, guys can do it, too!)
Exercise Stress Away
Physical activity to help you relax? It's true: Regular exercise relieves stress, promotes better sleep, and enhances your mood.
- Go for a leisurely bike ride.
- Practice yoga outdoors in the cool part of the day.
- Stroll through a local garden nursery.
- Walk around a cool shopping centre and window-shop along the way.
- Try a new outdoor activity.
Take a Mini-Vacation — Anytime
Mini-vacations are brief activities lasting 10 to 15 minutes. They temporarily disengage you from the day's busyness so you can return relaxed and energised.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Take a power nap.
- Get a laugh from friend’s jokes.
- Re-pot a plant.
- Jump in the shower in the middle of the day.
However you do it, give yourself a break — a balance break. It's key to a more relaxing summer.