- 180 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 200 ml Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 30 g castor sugar
- 1 large egg
Instructions on how to make it:
- Pour the flour, baking powder and castor sugar in a bowl and give it a stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the egg, oil and half of the PediaSure Complete®.
- Beat the mixture into a smooth batter, then add the rest of the PediaSure Complete® drink.
- Heat some butter or oil in a frying pan until hot and drop a tablespoon of batter into the middle of the pan.
- When bubbles start rising to the surface of the batter, carefully turn it over and cook on the other side until browned.
- Serve with butter, jam, honey, golden syrup or maple syrup.
Makes approximately 18 crumpets