Cheddar Chicken Quiche
- 3 large eggs
- 1 serving mixed Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 1 cup light, grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped chicken (white meat only)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 x 30 cm – 45 cm pieces phyllo sheets
- Vegetable oil (or cooking spray)
- ½ teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
Instructions on how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease 22 cm pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and PediaSure Complete® shake. Mix well.
- Stir in cheese, chicken, broccoli, onion and basil.
- Working quickly, lightly spray the top of 1 sheet of phyllo pastry with vegetable oil (or cooking spray). Place a second sheet on top of the first.
- Pick up the stack of phyllo pastry and place it in the centre of the prepared pie plate.
- Line the pie plate with the phyllo pastry.
- Pinch the edges of the pastry to form a crust around the edge of the pie plate.
- Spoon the egg mixture into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve warm.