Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Curry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 serves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 250g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ cup peas or sliced green beans
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 scoops Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- Steamed rice for serving
Instructions on how to make it:
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan and brown chicken.
- Add curry powder, carrot, beans, corn and water. Cover and simmer gently until chicken is cooked.
- Place cream into a small bowl; mix in PediaSure Complete® and cornflour. Add 1-2 tablespoons hot liquid from the chicken, mix until smooth. Remove chicken from heat, stir in milk mixture and continue stirring until well mixed and slightly thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice.
For texture, sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds or serve with poppadums.
Vary the vegetables to include any vegetables your child likes; for example diced pumpkin or sweet potato in place of the carrot.