Vanilla Ice Cream
Prep time: 30 minutes + freezing time
Makes: 4 x ½ serves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 4 scoops Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
Instructions on how to make it:
- Place milk into a small saucepan over a low heat until hot but not boiling.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and castor sugar. Pour in hot milk and mix until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir carefully over a low heat until lightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in cream and PediaSure Complete®; mix until smooth. Pour into a shallow tin and place into the freezer.
- When ice crystals appear around the edges, remove from dish and beat well with an electric mixer until smooth. Return to tin and freeze until firm.
- Ice cream can be frozen in special ice cream moulds
- Flavour can be varied by adding 2 tablespoons cocoa powder to the milk before heating