You acknowledge that you understand and agree that:
- The information and content of the Website does not constitute health care advice, and should not be construed as such or be acted upon without independent professional healthcare advice and support. Consumers and patients are urged to address all concerns and questions pertaining to their health and nutrition to qualified and registered healthcare professionals. Emergencies and suspected emergencies should be immediately acted upon by visiting an emergency room or healthcare facility.
- Although we strive to provide on the Abbott Web Sites the latest developments relating to our products and services, and other information about Abbott, we do not warrant the accuracy, effectiveness and suitability of any information contained in the Abbott Web Sites. Each person assumes full responsibility and all risks arising from use of the Abbott Web Sites. The information is presented "AS IS" and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Abbott reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the information contained on the Abbott Web Sites at any time without any prior notification.
- ABBOTT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON THE ABBOTT WEB SITES. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LEGISLATION, SUCH AS THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 2008, ABBOTT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CREATED BY CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SUBJECT TO STATUTORY LIABILITY, IN NO EVENT SHALL ABBOTT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT) CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXISTENCE OR USE OF THE ABBOTT WEB SITES, AND/OR THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON THE ABBOTT WEB SITES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ABBOTT HAS BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Abbott is not responsible, and provides no warranty whatsoever, for the accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and suitability of any information or content obtained from third parties, including any hyperlinks to or from third-party sites. Except as otherwise provided on the Abbott Web Sites, Abbott will not edit, censor or otherwise control any content provided by third parties on any comments section, bulletin board, chat room or other similar forums posted on the Abbott Web Sites. Such information should, therefore, be considered as suspect and is not endorsed by Abbott. The same principle applies to the responses to the sharing of information or links from the websites provided on social media platforms.
- The Abbott Web Sites may contain forward-looking statements that reflect Abbott’s current expectation regarding future events and business development. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual developments or results could differ materially from those projected and depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the success of current research programs, results of pending or future clinical trials, ongoing commercialisation of its products, regulatory approvals of health- and nutritional products, validity and enforcement of its patents, the stability of its commercial relationships, and the general economic conditions. Abbott intends to update the Abbott Web Sites on a regular basis but assumes no obligation to update any of the content.
You understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- By using the Abbott Web Sites, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on the Abbott Web Sites or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of the Abbott Web Sites, and to abide by all applicable, local and international laws, rules and regulations.
Product names, descriptions and labeling may be of South Africa origin or of a third country’s origin which is not your country of residence. Products may not be available in all countries or may be available under a different brand name, in different strengths, or for different indications. Certain products listed are available only by prescription through your local healthcare professional. Except as expressly stated and agreed upon in advance by Abbott, no director, employee, agent, or representative of Abbott, its subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in rendering medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or other medical services that in any way create a healthcare professional-patient relationship through the Abbott Web Sites.
The information, documents, and related graphics published in the Abbott Web Sites (the "Information") are the sole property of Abbott, except for information provided by third-party providers under contract to Abbott. Permission to use the Information is granted, provided that (1) the above copyright notice appears on all copies; (2) use of the Information is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only; (3) the Information is not modified in any way; and (4) no graphics available from this Abbott Web Site are used separate from accompanying text. Abbott is not responsible for content provided by third-party providers, and you are prohibited from distribution of such material without permission of the owner of the copyright therein. Except as permitted above, no license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary right of Abbott.
No use of any Abbott trademark, trade names, trade dress and products in the Abbott Web Sites may be made without the prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the product or services of the company.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DESPITE OUR EFFORTS, ABBOTT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A CUSTOMER OR USER, EVEN IF ABBOTT HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ABBOTT DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY CUSTOMER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
EACH CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF HIS OR HER OWN PASSWORD. WHERE THE FUNCTION IS ENABLED THAT THE WEBSITE RECOGNISE THE USER, ABBOTT TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY SHOULD AN UNAUTHORISED PERSON ACCESS ANY CLOSED-OFF PART OF THE WEBSITE WITH SUCH A RECOGNISED USER FUNCTIONALITY. HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ARE WARNED TO ENSURE THAT CLOSED-OFF CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE ACCESSED BY NON-HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS, AND THEY HAVE TO EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE TO PREVENT SUCH UNAUTHORISED ACCESS BY NOT SHARING THEIR LOG-IN DETAILS, NOT SHARING DEVICES OR COMPUTERS ON WHICH LOG-INS DETAILS ARE STORED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Abbott does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, posted to, or otherwise available through, the Abbott Web Sites. Reliance on these materials, information and opinions is solely at your own risk. Abbott disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of the Abbott Web Sites, or the content contained thereon.
THE ABBOTT WEB SITES, THE SITE CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ABBOTT WEB SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ABBOTT OR ITS VENDORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (HEREINAFTER “ABBOTT PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE ABBOTT WEB SITES, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE ABBOTT WEB SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ABBOTT WEB SITES OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY ABBOTT AND WHETHER OR NOT ABBOTT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.