Soy Milk Vanilla Cake
- ½ cup butter*
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Instructions on how to make it:
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add flour, a spoon at a time, to the creamed butter and sugar mixture and fold gently.
- Add soy milk and vanilla essence; continue to fold until well mixed.
- Pour into a prepared baking tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted to the centre of the cake comes out clean.
* Note: For children allergic to cow's milk protein replace butter with margarine