At Abbott, for any event that may have a potential business impact, our three priorities are to care for our people, ensure business continuity, and help affected communities. Abbott has a longstanding, comprehensive crisis management system in place that's designed to mitigate risks to our people and operations, so that we can continue to provide critically needed products to the people who depend on them.
The safety of our customers is at the forefront of everything that we do. While health and safety standards and procedures are followed daily at our manufacturing facilities, we wanted to make you aware of the extra precautions we’re taking to ensure everyone stays healthy during this time of heightened concern about COVID-19.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- We are closely monitoring COVID-19 in our business operations and working with local teams and relevant authorities as the situation evolves.
- At this time, there is no impact on availability of our nutrition products or distribution in Canada. We have a large global manufacturing and distribution network and have plans in place to manage contingencies as needed.
- Our products are available through many direct ship options, to have what you need delivered directly to your door.
- We are following guidance from relevant provincial and federal governments health authorities on travel and preparedness.
- We are taking every measure to protect the health and safety of our employees and their families. And, our staff is taking every action necessary to ensure there will be no disruption to the supply of our nutrition products.
Our team of product specialists and registered dietitians are continuing to offer 7-day services to answer your questions. You can call us at 1-866-767-7411. We are experiencing a higher call volume than usual but are dedicated to respond to you as quickly as possible. We thank you for your understanding.
Know that when you choose one of our products, health and safety is our top priority today and every day. Please take care of yourselves and stay informed by monitoring information from the federal government (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html) and your provincial health department.
The Abbott Nutrition team