Effective Date of these Online Terms and Conditions: April 1, 2016
This Policy applies to residents of Canada. If you are a resident of another country, please click here for applicable information.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Although we strive to provide on this website the latest developments relating to our products and services, and other information about our company, we do not warrant the accuracy, effectiveness and suitability of any information contained in this website. Each person assumes full responsibility and all risks arising from use of this website. The information is presented "AS IS" and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Abbott reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the information at any time without any prior notification.
- Abbott makes no representations or warranties of any kind or nature with respect to the information or content posted on this website. Abbott hereby disclaims all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, created by law, contract or otherwise, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement. In no event shall abbott be liable for any damages of any kind or nature, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special (including loss of profit) consequential or incidental damages arising from or in connection with the existence or use of this website, and/or the information or content posted on the abbott Websites, regardless of whether abbott has been advised as to the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of implied warranties or the exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. As a result, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Any correspondence or business dealings with any third parties including merchants, sellers, buyers or advertisers found on, or through, this website is solely between you and such third parties, and Abbott has no control over the quality, legality or inappropriate nature of the content advertised or the truth or accuracy of any representations made by third parties. Abbott is not responsible for any loss or damages you may suffer by entering into such transactions including the payment for and delivery of goods if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. You and the third party, not Abbott, are responsible for compliance with all laws applicable in any such transaction.
- This website may contain forward-looking statements that reflect Abbott’s current expectation regarding future events and business development. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual developments or results could differ materially from those projected and depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the success of current research programs, results of pending or future clinical trials, ongoing commercialization of its products, regulatory approvals of pharmaceuticals, validity and enforcement of its patents, the stability of its commercial relationships, and the general economic conditions. Abbott intends to update this site on a regular basis but assumes no obligation to update any of the content.
- The information on this website should not be used as a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other health care professional, and must not be used to diagnose or treat a disease or condition. Always consult your physician or other health care professional for medical advice and services. Nothing on this website is meant to create a health care professional-patient relationship.
You understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- By using this website, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on this website or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of our website, and to abide by all applicable, provincial, federal and international laws, rules and regulations.
The information, documents, and related graphics published in this Internet website (the "Information") is protected under applicable copyright laws to the maximum extent permitted and is the sole property of Abbott, except for information provided by third-party providers under contract to Abbott, its subsidiaries or affiliates. You must abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any content on, or accessed through, this website. Abbott does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this website will not infringe the rights of third parties. Abbott is not responsible for content provided by third-party providers, and you are prohibited from distribution of such material without permission of the owner of the copyright therein. Except as permitted above, no license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary right of Abbott.
No use of any Abbott trademark, trade names, trade dress and products in this website may be made without the prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the product or services of the company.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Abbott by providing our copyright agent with the following in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Abbott to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is infringing and not authorized; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
To submit a notification of claimed infringement, please contact Abbott's Designated Agent at the following address, or call:
Abbott Laboratories, Limited
c/o Abbott Nutrition Privacy Steward
8401 Trans-Canada Highway
Privacy and security
You recognize and agree that when submitting your personally identifiable information to Abbott.com, while Abbott has safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access or interception, there is no absolute guarantee of security. In the unlikely event of an interception or unauthorized access despite our efforts, abbott shall not be responsible for such interceptions or unauthorized access, or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost profits) suffered by a customer or user, even if abbott has previously been advised of the possibility of such damages. Abbott does not warrant, either expressly or impliedly, that the information provided by any customer shall be free from interception or unauthorized access, and does not provide any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Each customer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his or her own password.
You agree to indemnify Abbott from and against any claims, actions or demands arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of the Abbott Websites, including without limitation, the placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the Abbott Websites by you, or any contracts entered into or services or products offered, sold or purchased on or through the Abbott Websites, (ii) your breach of these Terms and Conditions, including any abusive or unlawful behaviour, or (iii) your infringement of any intellectual property or privacy right of any person.
Limitation of liability
Abbott does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, posted to, or otherwise available through, this website. Reliance on these materials, information and opinions is solely at your own risk. Abbott disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of this website, or the content contained thereon.
This abbott Website, the site content, and the products and services provided on or available through this website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults. In no event shall abbott, or its subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, or their respective directors, employees or agents (hereinafter “abbott parties”) be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, this website, the site content, any services provided on or through this website or any linked site, including any special, indirect, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, personal injury, lost profits or damages resulting from delay, interruption in service, viruses, deletion of files or electronic communications, or errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this website or the site content, whether or not there is negligence by abbott and whether or not abbott has been advised of the possibility of any such damages. Some provinces do not allow the limitation of liability, so this provision may not apply to you.
Please be aware that additional legal notices, disclaimers, and other terms and conditions may apply to this and other websites owned or operated by abbott, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
You agree that these Terms and Conditions describe the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter. The laws of the Province of Québec and the federal laws applicable therein will govern the terms and conditions provided in these Terms and Conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, you agree that the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Revised: April 1, 2016